Search by Tag

Virtual Hall of Fame at BCC

Nominated by Jason Vazquez Hetfield's qualifications: One of the most influential men in American Rock history One of the founding members of All Within My Hands Foundation, the biggest charity in all the world of metal music. Has preached self love, acceptance, and righteousness to millions across the globe. Multi-platinum...

Hannah Onek writes: Olympic gymnast, Aly Raisman was the leading force in the legal fight against Larry Nassar's sexual abuse of gymnasts. There were 156 women who spoke their truth about their assault because of her initial bravery. It is women like Aly who should be...

Quadasha Vaughn writes: Harriet Tubman was famous for leading the underground railroad, when she escaped she served as a scout, spy, and nurse during the Civil War. She returned to the south 19 times to free her family and other slaves. She could've never looked back...

Francisco Melendez writes: My nominee is an american hero because he became the president for everybody not just a certain group and brought changes to multicultural communities he inspired people with hes speeches and books he wrote he also did community service and the most important...

Destiny Perez writes: "I feel Martin Luther King Jr. is an American hero because he has made a major impact in our nations history. He made a major impact for the better by taking action to provide civil rights. He believed that people should not be...

Not only did he write Billie Holiday's classic song STRANGE FRUIT, which plays a major role in the Holidays death and the ravages of the War on Drugs, but he adopted the orphaned children of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg!...

Founder of the Puerto Rican Traveling Theatre, Miriam is an icon in the Hispanic Community, and especially in the Bronx. In the mid-70s, I worked with Miriam and was the front man for her summer tours throughout the 5 boroughs and especially in the...

Well, to begin, there are NO psychologists on the Hall of Fame! I suppose William James would be an appropriate add, being that he is considered the first American Psychologist. However, I choose Abraham Maslow, as the founder of the Third Force in Psychology, the Humanist...

"Sí, se puede" (Spanish for "Yes, one can")

Civil rights leader Cesar Chavez help found the National Farm Workers Association, which later became the United Farm Workers union, UFW) in 1962. He grew up poor - his family owned a grocery store and a ranch, but lost it...

Originally nominated to the Hall of Fame of Great Americans, but not elected, Sacagawea was an Indian woman guide for the Lewis and Clark Expedition whose "courage and tact in dealing with unfriendly Indians" saved the expedition from disaster.
She was from the Shoshoni tribe, and...